19th, Aug 2022
Web designing is the creation of websites and pages that resonate with the brand image and ensure a user-friendly experience.
Web design is the process of planning, conceptualisation and arranging online content. Web design includes web apps, mobile apps, and user interface design. Web design can affect a website’s performance in search engines like Google.
Who is a Web Designer?
A web designer is responsible for organising content and images across pages and integrating applications and other interactive elements. A skilled web designer has experience in graphic design for creating attractive visuals, HTML for creating the structure of web pages, and CSS to give web pages a stylised look.
Some of the Responsibilities of a Web Designer:
– Select easy-to-read fonts
– Choose an appealing colour scheme that helps in an easy-to-read font
– Incorporating a brand’s identity in the colours, font and layout.
– Create a map of the website’s structure to ensure intuitive navigation
– Integrating images, logos, texts, videos, applications and other elements
– Use coding languages like HTML and CSS to create layouts
– Optimising websites and pages for both desktop and mobile viewing
The Recruitment process involves finding eligible Candidates, screening and evaluating the probable candidates and negotiating terms and pricing with the selected developer. Let us dive deep into these a little further.
Some of the ways to find Web Designers:
1. Different Job Portal- This is the oldest and most traditional recruitment method for finding-recruiting skilled and experienced web designers. These portals offer recruiters an opportunity to find screen and interview web designers. We must remember that these portals are not industry-specific, showing results from various sectors and profiles. Recruiters must streamline or modify their search to find candidates with the desired skill sets. Some of the popular all-purpose job portals are:
Some of the job boards for hiring web designers are:
* Authentic Jobs
* Design Jobs Board
2. Referrals: Referrals are the most trusted and credible way of recruiting a web designer. You can ask for referrals from your professional contacts. There is a high probability that the person referring a designer to you must have worked with them or been their supervisor. In that case, you are getting the most accurate feedback about the web designer in question. You will also be able to know the kind of work or skills the referred designer has done and possess.
3. Campus Hiring: This is the best way of hiring a designer. Bringing fresh new talents on the floor, means getting new energy on the floor. The vibes are going to be positive, no doubt. One advantage of hiring a fresher is that you can further train them in specific technologies. These talents can go on to become assets for the business or company.
4. Professional networking sites: You can create a job post on LinkedIn. This will enable you to reach out to a wide variety of candidates. But as a recruiter, you must screen and evaluate probable candidates. This is useful for ongoing positions.
5. Web design firms: Web design firms are fully staffed agencies that offer design services. These are generally one-stop solutions offering clients designing services- from marketing consultation to web design and development. This is why more and more clients are opting for these firms, as they get an entire team of professionals who could help with designing, development, and digital marketing services.
6. Freelance websites: Freelance platforms are global online communities set up expressly to give creatives and clients a place to meet and get the work done. On these freelancing platforms, you can easily browse designer profiles, message designers, negotiate prices, collaborate through a project workspace, send and receive files, exchange secure payments and leave a review, all without leaving the website.
Evaluate and Select the most eligible Web Designer:
The second recruitment phase involves thoroughly screening the candidates scheduled for an interview. Here the recruiter’s job is to assess the skill sets and experiences of the interviewee.
To analyse a candidate’s experience, you can check out the previous projects that they have been a part of.
To assess the candidates’ technical skills, you as a recruiter can prepare a questionnaire, throw some of those at the candidate, and see how they fare. Some of such questions are:
Negotiating terms and pricing:
This is the final phase of recruitment, in which you share the recruitment terms and the salaries. Suppose the candidate is acceptable with everything. Their credential and certificate will be validated, and you can then offer them the job in formal (Offer Letter). Lastly, you congratulate the candidate for cracking the job.
Web Designing involves many components that enable designers to adjust to any preference and offer cutting-edge solutions. Some of the elements of web designing are:
* Layout: It is the way the materials are displayed on a page. The layout should be simple, intuitive and accessible.
* Images: These are illustrations, graphics, photographs, icons, and others to provide supplementary information to the text.
* Visual hierarchy is the order in which the user processes the information on the site.
* Colour Scheme: The combination of colours resonates with the brand and industry it represents.
* Typography: Topography is the style or font of the written content. Web designers opt for a combination that is appealing and easy to read.
* Readability: The web designer also has to take extra care of the readability of the webpage. The text content has to be easy to see and read.
* Navigation: The navigational elements are the tools allowing users to choose where they want to go within the website.
* Content: It is the information available on the website. It is a vital element because visitors want to access information fast.
Hiring a skilled freelance web designer costs around $75 per hour.
A freelance is usually paid more than an in-house web designer as a freelancer does not receive health insurance and other employee benefits.
Designing a custom website can range from $15,000 to $30,000.
The cost can vary and depends on project length, difficulty, page count and commitment level.
Wrapping it up!
In this informative, Magicmind Technologies has tried to give you some heads-up on how to hire a skilled and experienced web designer. This is not a complete guide but will provide you with an insight into the recruitment of web designers. Websites today are the backbone of any business’s online presence, engagement with the target audience, conversion and ultimately, sales. Thus, companies are going online as there is better scope. And without a web designer, there will be no website and consequently no business. Hire an experienced web designer for your business website.
How to Hire a Web Designer For Your Business Website
Some Pointers on Hiring Android App Developers to Boost Your Business
A brief guideline on Hiring iOS App Developers to Boost your Business
How To Hire An iOS Developer To Boost Your Business
The Ultimate Tips To Hire Django Developer: A Handy Guide